What is Software Development?
Software development is the process of designing, programming and testing applications, frameworks or software components. It is a process of writing and maintaining the programming code often includes research, prototyping or modification that results in a software product.
Plan and Program Software Development:
High-quality software cannot be created easily. It requires a lot of thinking & research. One should always follow the process of proper planning before start coding software:
- Think: On the first instance, you will always be presented with a problem and your software development should be the end solution to that problem. Although good solutions are usually discovered when you are researching all the possibilities of outcomes. Research is really important. So do not rush coding and instead research in-depth before you do so.
- Research: In order to come up with the best solution, completely understand the problem. As a programmer, your aim should be to find the simplest solution to the problem.
- Plan: Planning is important but doesn’t plan too much. Anything in excess can hurt. Focus on good enough plans that can help you get started.
- Write: The only aspect you should worry about while writing code is its readability. A code which is not clear is trash. Small things also matter even the capitalization.
John Woods is making it clear in just one simple quote “Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”
- Validate: Check your code to make sure your code compliance with the highest standards and recommendations. This will help you to produce clean code.
- Modify: Modify the code to reduce the instruction path length to improve performance. Remove repetitive code to make it more simplifying.
Deployment and Maintenance:
Finally comes the deployment, Approved and tested, you get the code to put into the production environment. This will involve installation, customization, testing, and evaluation.
Maintenance is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the code for discovered faults. In general, maintenance is required on a regular basis to fix the discovered issues and keep the developed software up and running.